Re: Infrastructural complexity.

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Infrastructural complexity.
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 17:13:21 +0200

> But if we combine it with save-window-configuration, we should be able
> to revert to the original state (and if we stop before deleting
> a window, there's no need to create a new window identity).

Hmmm...  size_window has a NODELETE_P argument but for some reason
adjust_window_trailing_edge doesn't set it.  On the other hand
size_window never reports failure so we would have to compare heights in
adjust_window_trailing_edge to detect whether there was a failure.

> I rather think that it requires a completely new algorithm where
> window-deletion is not even an option.

Probably using the NODELETE_P argument mentioned above.  Remains one
question: In which cases would deleting windows be an option?

martin