Re: Learning emacs sources

From: Sundar Vasan
Subject: Re: Learning emacs sources
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 15:06:11 -0700

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 8:22 PM, Chong Yidong<address@hidden> wrote:
> Reading the source in one go is probably not feasible.  If you are
> interested in how one particular part of Emacs works, a good strategy is
> to read the relevant part of the Lisp manual, try to formulate a set of
> specific questions, then ask this mailing list.

Are there any simple bugs that I could work on? That would give me a
lot more focus than just looking randomly.

Adding/updating docs is something else that I was thinking about as a
good way to start (esp since I can look at it from a newbie
perspective as I'm fairly new to emacs). That would also help me learn
more about emacs. But I'm not sure where to begin. Any suggestions?