Re: emacsclient 22 and 23 incompatibility

From: Christian Lynbech
Subject: Re: emacsclient 22 and 23 incompatibility
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 21:18:41 +0200

>>>>> "David" == David Reitter <address@hidden> writes:

David> That is why the existing 22 emacsclient binary (which is in PATH)
David> stays in place

But how did the emacs 22 client get into PATH?

Obviously, if one is mixing distributions such as fink or macports with
a new emacs 23 app, trouble could be expected.

For instance CarbonEmacs.app has its emacsclient in

    /Applications/CarbonEmacs.app/Contents/MacOS/bin/

which isn't automatically copied to typical PATH places. I could then be
lucky to have installed something which did put a compatible emacsclient
into my PATH, but I would consider that more as an accident than a
conscious action of some .app.

Christian Lynbech       | christian #\@ defun #\. dk
                                        - address@hidden (Michael A. Petonic)