Re: emacsclient 22 and 23 incompatibility

From: Vagn Johansen
Subject: Re: emacsclient 22 and 23 incompatibility
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 17:14:29 +0200

Leo <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2009-08-03 08:29 +0100, Vagn Johansen wrote:
>> 23.1 is very buggy on OS X, at least on 10.4. It would be a very bad
>> idea if they did this.
>>
>> I have had several crashes. Also with "emacs -Q" I cannot enter '\'
>> and '|' on a danish keyboard.
>
> Do you know if this happens with emacs compiled with no gui toolkit?

Is that a possibility on OS X?

I run

   ./configure --with-ns --prefix=..

> I would expect it to be nearly equivalent to that of GNU/Linux, no?

If you mean "emacs -nw" I have only tried it for about 5 minutes. It
has some redrawing problems when run in the Terminal application: top
menu bar partially drawn and also doing a C-x C-f will sometimes not
show the "Find file:" text.

If I launch XDarwin and run "emacs -nw -Q" in an xterm then he
redrawing works properly.

--
Vagn Johansen