Re: Darkening font-lock colors

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Darkening font-lock colors
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 02:32:04 +0300

> Distributions (Debian, Ubuntu and probably others too) patched this
> out by using red for font-lock-comment-face, effectively defeating the
> purpose of why font-lock-comment-delimiter was introduced.

Distributions use red for font-lock-comment-face because it is
associated with comments, but yellow is something unrelated.

Actually I tried on a Linux console and xterm and see the dark orange
color instead of yellow.  Orange is closer to red, so if everyone sees
the same color similar to red then there may be no problem with this change.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/