Re: Why js2-mode in Emacs 23.2?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Why js2-mode in Emacs 23.2?
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 09:12:01 -0400

> I am not sure I understand this, but thinking of it again, could not
> Daniel use a font-lock-fontify-region-function that first does a
> fontification without keywords (if it is there it is needed).

You mean that there can be workarounds; well sure there might be.
But font-lock was not written with this use in mind, so I'd
expect snags.  And there's no reason why it should be bound to
font-lock.  And we still need to make sure that this gets called
properly when doing forward-sexp, etc...

        Stefan