Re: Defaulting to fancy diary display

From: Teemu Likonen
Subject: Re: Defaulting to fancy diary display
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 06:53:51 +0300

On 2009-09-02 21:07 (-0400), Glenn Morris wrote:

> I should like to change the default of diary-display-function from
> diary-simple-display to diary-fancy-display.
>
> The fancy display allows for many more features than the simple one
> does (sorting, including, sexps etc); but these features are only
> relevant if you use them, so they will not confuse new users.

I agree. Actually the fact that fancy is not the default got me
confused. First I didn't even realise that there are different diary
modes. I tried to get some features working but couldn't. I gave up but
then later understood to turn on the fancy mode. Maybe all this is
documented somewhere but this is how I found the difference between the
two diary modes.