Re: CEDET merge

From: Eric M. Ludlam
Subject: Re: CEDET merge
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 07:38:16 -0400

On Thu, 2009-10-01 at 12:58 +0200, Sascha Wilde wrote:
> Sascha Wilde <address@hidden> wrote:
> > -(provide 'ede-srecode)
> > +(provide 'ede/srecode)
>
> This was fixed in current CVS, thanks.
>
> > - But after that fix compiling still fails.  Now with:
> >   eieio-generic-call-primary-only: Method srecode-template-get-table called
> > on nil
>
> This problem is still there.  A question to all CEDET/EDE experts: is
> this an bug or am I missing something?

Chong Yidong said he hadn't figured out where to put the SRecode
templates.  Since EDE uses Srecode to templates to create Makefiles,
that is likely the problem.  The way SRecode looks up template files may
also not be compatible with where the templates will eventually live in
Emacs, so that would need to be updated.

Short term, you could get the templates from CEDET CVS in
cedet/srecode/templates and cedet/ede/templates and place them in
equivalent locations just under srecode.el and ede.el to get past this
until there is a home for SRecode Templates in Emacs.

Eric