Re: CEDET merge

From: Sascha Wilde
Subject: Re: CEDET merge
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 23:01:38 +0200

"Eric M. Ludlam" <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
> I must apologize for not actually trying out the Emacs integration.  It
> is pumpkin throwing season which keeps me busy.  (see
> www.punkinchunkin.com for the sport, or www.siege-engine.com for my
> team.)

Thanks for your reply.  I have to admit, that I hardly read any more
convincing (and judging from the pictures: more impressive) excuse for
being less responsive than that...  ;-)

> Anyway, the template directory is set up like this for EDE:
>
>   (let* ((lib (locate-library "ede.el" t))
>        (ededir (file-name-directory lib))
>        (tmpdir (file-name-as-directory
>                 (expand-file-name "templates" ededir))))
>     (when (not tmpdir)
>       (error "Unable to location EDE Templates directory"))
>
>     (require 'srecode-map)

FWIW: 'srecode/map with the Emacs integration.

>     (add-to-list 'srecode-map-load-path tmpdir)
>     (srecode-map-update-map t)

This (and some digging in the content of srecode-map-load-path) brought
me a step further.  I copied all ede and srecode templates from the
cedet CVS to ~/.srecode/ which was in my srecode-map-load-path.

Now I get an different error on any attempt to rebuild a projects
makefile (which afaiu is also a part of compiling).  From *Messages*:

Replace EDE Makefile
Compiling template default.srt...
0 templates compiled for nil
srecode-compile-templates: You must specify a MODE for your templates

Is more information needed than that provided during ede-new and
ede-new-target?

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde
"Structure is _nothing_ if it is all you got.  Skeletons _spook_ people if