Re: unfill-paragraph (region) and indentation

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: unfill-paragraph (region) and indentation
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 08:12:00 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>> That is why I wrote that small delete-indentation-region function which
>> works perfectly for this example.
>
>> But I am now curious why is message mode special, I mean which is the
>> setting which is responsible for this behavior.
>
> It depends on the definition of what is a paragraph, so it depends on
> paragraph-start and paragraph-separate.
>
> But FWIW, I can't reporduce the behavior you describe in
> fundamental-mode in Emacs-23.1.

Me neither -- the following works perfectly for me to unfill the sample
text in both message-mode and fundamental-mode:

   (let ((fill-column 9999999)) (fill-region (point) (mark)))

However Uwe's sample code uses the function "filladapt-mode", which I
don't seem to have, and can't seem to load by doing (load-library
"filladapt") or (load-library "filladapt-mode"); is it an external
library?  If so, maybe Uwe's problem lies there...

-Miles

--
White, adj. and n. Black.