Re: Emacs 23.1 on Mac OS X 10.6.1 (Snow Leopard) - build failed

From: Yavuz
Subject: Re: Emacs 23.1 on Mac OS X 10.6.1 (Snow Leopard) - build failed
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 23:11:39 +0000 (UTC)

Florent Georges <lists <at> fgeorges.org> writes:

>   Did I do anything wrong?  Has someone succeeded to build GNU
> Emacs 23.1 on Mac OS X 10.6.1 (aka Snow Leopard)?

I don't think 23.1 release builds on SL (or at least I couldn't). The
current head from git repository builds and runs fine though, i.e.:

git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs.git
cd emacs
./configure --with-ns && make bootstrap && make install

then move the Emacs.app from emacs/nextstep into Applications. To keep
up-to-date:

cd emacs
git pull
make extraclean
./configure --with-ns && make bootstrap && make install

(The extraclean and bootstrap targets are probably overkill, but we
each have our incantations.)