Re: x-popup-menu

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: x-popup-menu
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 02:43:48 +0200

> I've just consolidated the X(&msdos), w32, and ns code of x-popup-menu
> into menu.c.
> I've only tested the X11 version, and left some #ifdefs which I suspect
> are not needed.  Please test and fix as needed for other GUI backends,

On a non-toolkit X build, `make bootstrap' fails with:

xmenu.c:2320: error: static declaration of 'xmenu_show' follows non-static
declaration
menu.h:46: error: previous declaration of 'xmenu_show' was here
make[2]: *** [xmenu.o] Error 1

where xmenu.c:2320 contains:

static Lisp_Object
xmenu_show (f, x, y, for_click, keymaps, title, error, timestamp)

and menu.h:46 contains:

extern Lisp_Object xmenu_show (FRAME_PTR, int, int, int, int,
                               Lisp_Object, char **, EMACS_UINT);

But the same function cannot be static and extern at the same time.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/