Re: New bug tracker server

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: New bug tracker server
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 21:47:13 -0500

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> Will it be possible for all Emacs developers to get direct access to
> the database, eg so that we can share the load of weeding out spam in
> future?

Yes, once we are up and running, I would like to give direct access to
any Emacs developer who is a frequent, reliable contributor and
interested in helping to weed out the spam.

> How should we go about editing the web-pages so that they make more
> sense for Emacs (bug#750)? Ideally, it would work in a similar way to
> the existing Emacs web-pages stored in the repository on Savannah.

This just involves editing the web-page directly.  We have root access
on debbugs.gnu.org.

> Any ideas about moderating the input (bug#3140)?

I am curious about this, myself.  I am not 100% clear about how the mail
redirection works, so hopefully one of the hackers who helped set it up
can chime in.

> How about changing the debbugs program itself (eg bug#3060)? Do you
> think this is doable and/or wise?
>
> I think there is a problem with the mail-news gateway that needs
> addressing somehow (bug#936).

No idea.