Re: bzr repository ready?

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: bzr repository ready?
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 17:45:07 -0500

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:
> Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:
>> But, Andreas, how was your "emacs.bzr" made?
> With bzr fastimport, the latest one available.

Thanks.  So, let's sort this out: we currently have three conversions we
could test :-).  That's potentially a lot of extra work.  It would be
best if we focused on one.  The three I know of are:

   1) http://bzr.notengoamigos.org/emacs-merges.tar.gz
      # Jason's conversion done with the trunk version of bzr fastimport
      # (also known as "Ian Clatworthy's version")

   2) http://bzr.notengoamigos.org/emacs-merges-jason.tar.gz
      # Converted with Jason's modified version of trunk bzr fastimport.
      # He says this conversion has the missing tags that we've discussed
      # before, and has the missing emacs-unicode branch (although it
      # appears to be called "emacs-unicode.remote").

   3) "I've put something on fencepost in ~schwab/emacs.bzr"
      # Andreas Schwab's conversion, but I think one needs login access
      # to fencepost to get it?  It doesn't seem to be web-accessible;
      # Andreas, is there a URL to reach it by?

Anyway, my guess is that (2) is the right thing to test.  I'm CC'ing
Ian Clatworthy who will have a more informed opinion (he's a Bazaar
developer, but I think he's also familiar with Jason's changes).

-Karl