Re: Cygwin patches

From: Ken Brown
Subject: Re: Cygwin patches
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 18:23:51 -0500

On 11/22/2009 6:03 PM, Chong Yidong wrote:
Ken Brown <address@hidden> writes:

Thanks for the suggestion.  My revised patch is attached.  If it looks
OK, could someone please check it in?

Your patch looks incorrect.  It's not your job to add the "file://"
part; that's done in the rest of the function.  Does this corrected
patch do the right thing on cygwin?

Yes, it does do the right thing on cygwin. As I said earlier in the thread, the rest of the function *doesn't* add "file://"; it adds "file:" without the slashes. But if I add "file://", the rest of the function leaves this alone. I guess browse-url-filename-alist would have to be changed to make it correctly add "file://" in this situation, but I haven't tried to dig into it to figure out how it works. It seemed easier (and harmless) to just add it myself.

Ken