Re: Emacs for new users

From: Per Starbäck
Subject: Re: Emacs for new users
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 23:43:27 +0100

I wrote
> As for CUA I just thought of something. What do you think about having
> s-x, s-c, s-v, s-z do the CUA
> thing in Emacs? Many people have keyboards with C-, s- and M- modifier
> keys. Maybe it would be acceptable
> for those used to these bindings that in Emacs you have to use another
> modifier key with "the normal stuff"
> since the usual "Alt key" is used by "special emacs commands"?

I should have written "the usual Control key" in the last line of course!

I've read up on what the "Windows key" is used for in MS Windows a
little now, and realize
this probably wouldn't be possible under MS Windows, but maybe in GNU
where that extra modifier
key often is "super" and not used for much.