Re: Emacs 23.1.90 pretest

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Emacs 23.1.90 pretest
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:03:50 -0500

> Non-obsolete python.el requires obsolete sym-comp.el, which produces a
> warning "Package sym-comp is obsolete!" while loading python.el[c].

Stefan removed sym-comp usage from Python just before the pretest, but
left the (require 'sym-comp) statement in.  Removing it fixes this.

But the new completion-at-point for Python is completely broken.
Consider the following recipe:

1. C-x C-f foo.py
2. i M-TAB

=> Emacs loops while completion-at-point is working, apparently without
   any exit (I tried waiting for about a minute).