Re: Workflow to accumulate individual changes?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Workflow to accumulate individual changes?
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 13:28:01 +0100

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 11:26, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> Unless I misunderstood what I've read, that's not accurate: the final
> result _will_ matter for others, if and when those others will want at
> some point in the future to dig into Juanma's changes and understand
> how the final code came into existence -- which parts of it were
> written by Juanma, which ones by others, and which ones are result of
> bzr merges.  In fact, Juanma himself may wish to do this kind of
> archeology some time after committing.

No. We're discussing small patches, every one of them a single commit,
all of them unrelated. Once I push the changes, the past is
irrelevant. My using a private branch and rebase would be utterly
indistinguishable of my having developed and committed each one on the
trunk/ (as some are suggesting for such quickfixes).

rebase is a tool to keep private history private, and public history
clean. Nothing more, nothing less.

    Juanma