Re: Bzr document unclear. There is no "conflict markers".

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Bzr document unclear. There is no "conflict markers".
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 15:33:50 +0100

Eli Zaretskii skrev:
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 13:44:59 +0100
From: Jan Djärv <address@hidden>

% bzr merge
bzr: ERROR: Working tree "/home/jhd/src/bzr/emacs/fixes/" has uncommitted changes (See bzr status).

If I do bzr status, almost the whole tree is listed as modified (except files added and removed and not version controlled).

I certainly didn't modify all files, in fact I modified none. I just tried to sync from savannah before starting to modify files. Is this expected from bzr?

No.  Something is definitely wrong.  The workflow described on the
wiki works for me without any changes, including in a feature branch
where there are real non-trivial changes wrt the trunk.

Perhaps you somehow did something wrong while creating the branch.

I tried to follow the wiki, but it is of course possible.

If you start another branch, does "bzr status" show that all files are
modified, right after branching?

No.

If not, when does it start showing
modified files?

If I modify one file it just shows that as modified. I can't reproduce the original error. But it still doesn't show any conflict markers:

% bzr merge
bzr: ERROR: Working tree "/home/jhd/src/bzr/emacs/fixes/" has uncommitted changes (See bzr status).

I kind of expected merge to merge changes without me having to check in into the quickfix branch first. Is there such a command?

        Jan D.

        Jan D.