Re: Integrating package.el

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Integrating package.el
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 12:40:12 -0600

On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 10:03:18 -0800 Phil Hagelberg <address@hidden> wrote:

PH> Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:
>> I also want to know if you and Phil want to make Gnus your first
>> Emacs-hosted package, or if there's going to be a ELPA clone of Gnus.

PH> I'm actually somewhat intimidated by the thought of packaging gnus. I'd
PH> much rather start with supporting smaller packages first, but if someone
PH> more familiar with hacking gnus wants to start work on packaging it I
PH> would be happy to provide support.

I'll go to the Gnus mailing list and discuss this further, but at least
for now let's assume Reiner or I will make the package.  I don't mind
doing the work, though I can't promise I'll get it done quickly.  I
still need to know about the 2+ versions of Gnus that I mentioned
earlier--how do you want to deal with that?  Also, how do you want to
package an application that's already part of Emacs for the
"Emacs-hosted Gnus" version?

Thanks
Ted