Re: multi-occur-in-matching-buffers

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: multi-occur-in-matching-buffers
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 23:36:43 +0100

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 10:38 PM, Juri Linkov <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> Did it say to you where it wants to be placed in the menu?
>>> In the same submenu with `occur'?
>>
>> Yes, it is very fond of occur.
>
> But where does occur want to be?  In the same place with grep?

Yes, but remember that occur is married to query-replace. She will
feel quite lonely and useless without him. I think they all feel they
are a big family.

And I know they have a couple of friends that perhaps want to move in
this spring:

  ldir-query-replace
  rdir-query-replace
  grep-query-replace

>>> Does it want a better default like a buffer name in `multi-occur'?
>>
>> It asked if it is too much to hope for ".*\.el". Eh, no wait,
>> (concat ".*" (file-name-extension (buffer-file-name)).
>
> I see, this is like rgrep using grep-read-files.

Yes, that is how I feel too.