Re: Commit netiquette.

From: Mark A. Hershberger
Subject: Re: Commit netiquette.
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 10:11:27 -0500

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

> Mark, can you explain the motivation for this change?  If not, I am
> going to revert it.

I wasn't aware of the freeze.  I do scan emacs-devel, but I don't have
time to keep up with every message.

The motivation for the change was to allow the user to modify how the
display is updated after each successive keystroke to isearch.

The specific case that I was looking at using loccur.el
(http://sf.net/projects/loccur) to display only lines that match the
current string.  This allows you to easily see all matches in the
current buffer without scrolling around too much.

This specific case seemed to point to hint at other ways the isearch
display could be updated dynamically, so I thought a hook would be
useful.

If causes a problem WRT the freeze, then it should be reverted.

Mark.

--
http://hexmode.com/

The only alternative to Tradition is bad tradition.
                          — Jaraslov Pelikan