Re: libxpm-3.5.7-w32-src package on website

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: libxpm-3.5.7-w32-src package on website
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 14:48:29 +0800

Christoph <address@hidden> writes:

> 1. When compiling on Windows simx.h is included by xpm.h but simx.h is
> not included in the source package. It is not needed to compile libxmp
> itself but when compiling emacs with xpm support it is needed.

It is included, but in the src subdirectory.

> 2. The version of xpm.h included in the libxpm-3.5.7-w32-src package
> (v1.2) contains _XFUNCPROTOBEGIN and _XFUNCPROTOEND. However, these
> macros are not defined anywhere, that's why configure fails.

They are defined in simx.h

> xpm.h v1.3, which I got from the libxpm source package from the
> GnuWin32 website, does not contain the _XFUNCPROTOBEGIN/END macros but
> explicitely uses

If a new version of libxpm has been released and is available from
GnuWin32, then it may be better to use that version.  When I put the src
package on ftp.gnu.org, the GnuWin32 version was several versions out of
date and had known security related bugs.