Re: emacs-w3m?

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: emacs-w3m?
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 11:59:34 -0500

I don't have `lisp/ChangeLog.OTHER' in either trunk or quickfixes (or
the moved files) or `ChangeLog.OTHER' in either trunk or quickfixes (or
the moved files).

I suspect I gave the command

    bzr add lisp/ChangeLog.OTHER
--file-ids-from=sftp://address@hidden/srv/bzr/emacs/trunk/

to add that file to the lisp directory of my trunk repository and then
found it did not exist.  Then I did a merge from quickfixes that had
my trunk repository as a remembered parent location.

I update my trunk respository each morning at about 0945 UTC, build
Emacs with two commands in an older Emacs, and go from there.  Usually,
editing text and multiclient efforts are good.  Mostly, I am not
connected to the Internet.

    (progn
      (cd "/usr/local/src/emacs/trunk")
      (compile
       "time make -k -C lisp autoloads \
        EMACS=/usr/local/src/emacs/trunk/src/emacs && \
        cd lisp && \
        time make EMACS=/usr/local/src/emacs/trunk/src/emacs && \
        cd /usr/local/src/emacs/trunk && \
        time make info html"))

    (progn
      (cd "/usr/local/src/emacs/trunk/")
      (compile "time make -k"))

 I think you should search earlier in your .bzr.log for a command that
 inadvertently merged emacs-w3m with the trunk.  When do you see for
 the first time files with any of the .OTHER, .BASE, and .THIS
 suffixes?  That's where the problem began, I think.

No, the first appearance of emacs-w3m is when I mistakenly committed to
the master on Wed 2010-02-24 22:07:19 +0000.  I did an iseach and occur
using both emacs-w3m and OTHER and did not find anything earlier.

I may have a problem computing, although as far as I know I have
followed all the documentation.

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    address@hidden                                 address@hidden