Re: emacs-w3m?

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: emacs-w3m?
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 21:43:32 +0900

Óscar Fuentes writes:

 > This is about basic VC usage here. The QuickStart is not intended to
 > teach the basic rules of a VC system (nor the BzrForEmacsDevs document
 > intends that, I think)

Unfortunately, this much seems to be needed.

 > This was about teaching Emacs hackers with a long CVS experience
 > how to switch to Bazaar.

As Eli points out, CVS reflexes will be wrong with Bazaar because
Bazaar tries very hard to DWIM.

 > I'm sure that doing a blind commit was deemed as an unaceptable
 > practice on the CVS days too, and the checks are similar
 > (`diff').

I'll bet you're wrong; likely C-x C-s C-x v v is burned into the tips
of a lot of fingers around here.  Remember, that's one reason why
QuickStart got written, so that people could have a vc.el-compatible
workflow.

 > This looks confusing to me:

Thanks for the review.  You're right, so I've fixed these.