Re: turn-on-bug-reference-mode, turn-on-bug-reference-prog-mode type fun

From: Chad Brown
Subject: Re: turn-on-bug-reference-mode, turn-on-bug-reference-prog-mode type functions
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 09:19:39 -0700

On Apr 4, 2010, at 7:26 AM, Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> I think either method suggested by Richard would be workable, but I
>> will point out that I have, in the past, wanted the additional forms
>> to turn *off* a minor mode in a hook.
>
> Of course (lambda () (foo-mode -1)) will still work just fine.

Absolutely.  I'm just suggesting that if we get rid of turn-off-foo-mode,
then we place emphasis on putting something like the above in the
documentation and making it findable, especially in the context of
hooks.   I was going to suggest just placing a note or ref in whatever
spots we current mention turn-off-foo-mode, but grep'ing for turn-off
in the current Info tree turns up only turn-off-backup in gnus.

Thanks,
*Chad