Re: The Gnus repository is switching to Git as of 2010-04-19

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: The Gnus repository is switching to Git as of 2010-04-19
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 13:00:29 +0900

Stefan Monnier writes:

 > I think your "that" is not what I was talking about, because I know for
 > a fact it works.

You've managed what is conceptually a single body of content, using
two separate trees, both actively developed, with persistently
different names for the same file(s), and bidirectional merging?

 > >> It should be just as easy for a branch as for the trunk.
 > > Maybe.  I worry about ghost revisions appearing when you do a git->bzr
 > > sync, and that's where they are most likely since git users branch
 > > with abandon then abandon the branches, while it's no fun to try to
 > > work with Bazaar that way.  Note that ghost revisions causes nasty
 > > bugs in bzr as recently as a few weeks ago.
 >
 > Ghost revisions are a problem for Bzr implementers, not users.

Surely a "can't do operation X because revision Y not found" error is
a problem for users.  I believe the particular operation was "branch".