^D is broken in shell-mode

From: Miles Bader
Subject: ^D is broken in shell-mode
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 22:16:42 +0900

It now results in a literal ^D being seen by the subproces.

I vaguely recall seeing recently that emacs stopped using ICANON mode
for ptys; I presume this is the cause?

It's been a long time since I did pty programming, but I seem to recall
that at least in some pty states, doing a zero-length write in the pty
master will send an end-of-file to the slave tty.  I don't recall the
details though...

Thanks,

-Miles

--
Future, n. That period of time in which our affairs prosper, our friends
are true and our happiness is assured.