Re: Header lines of commit messages

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Header lines of commit messages
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 13:36:13 -0500

On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 21:16:51 +0300 Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

EZ> In the Gnus case, I'd prefer more meaningful headers as well, but it's
EZ> hard to ask for that when a large body of unrelated changes is
EZ> delivered to Emacs at once.

Katsumi Yamaoka has been doing the synchronization so far.  Let him and
the other Gnus developers know if there's a problem with the
synchronization log messages.

I plan to eventually set up a more automatic synchronization method.

>> If you really *do* want to know about irrelevant commits, I don't
>> understand why you find it acceptable that Gnus doesn't rebase its
>> synchs into the mainline.

EZ> Because I'm too old to fight Quixotic battles.  And because people who
EZ> do the job should have some leeway in determining how far they want to
EZ> go towards the project to which they contribute.  If Stefan and Yidong
EZ> can live with what Gnus maintainers do when they synch, so can I.

Sorry, I am not clear on the problem, though it's probably obvious to
you.  Can you explain what's the problem and what we can do on the Gnus
side to remedy it?

Thanks
Ted