Re: support for image count in imagemagick

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: support for image count in imagemagick
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 19:32:55 +0200

> I use the imagemagick feature daily, so its prety stable. I tweak the
> Emacs defaults so ImageMagick is used also for jpegs, and Ive tweaked
> image-mode a bit so it can scale images to fit window when loading.

I have been following this work with only casual interest (I tend to
ignore things that are not "standard" because I cannot rely on it
being there) but as the original author of `image-dired' I wonder if
it is time to add on option to it to use the imagemagick stuff if
available. For example, it is quite time consuming when `convert' is
called to resize an image to fit in the display window.

Or has anyone already started to look at this, or even done it?

/Mathias