Re: more on anything.el inclusion

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: more on anything.el inclusion
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 19:18:32 +0200

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:

>> Say you want to see how look dejavu fonts in emacs:
>> M-x anything-xfonts RET
>
> Does this happen automatically when you do x-choose-font?

Don't know what is x-choose-font, i have not such command.

> As a user do I need to know a lot of anything-* function names, or
> this happens automatically when I use completion?

AFAIK M-x provide completion on all emacs commands, why not for anything
commands?
You can use anything-M-x or anything-emacs-commands as a replacement of
M-x.

>> enter in prompt: deja
>>
>> Move anything overlay with C-n/p or down/up
>> Hit C-z
>> Hit TAB to see provided actions
>> Hit C-g to exit doing nothing
>> Hit RET to exit doing the default action.
>>
>> Did you read example i provide under here?
>
> No, I am looking at this from the point of view of a user, not a programmer.

Ok.

> You might want to step back, and think about how to present this to
> someone that has not idea what anything.el is, and what it can do.
On the user point of view, there is nothing to understand, anything
provide emacs commands like any other emacs package.

So you do M-x anything- TAB and try differents commands.

> (I still don't know after a few emails...)
I assume you are joking. ;-)

--
Thierry Volpiatto
Gpg key: http://pgp.mit.edu/