Re: X11 Compound Text vs ISO 2022

From: James Cloos
Subject: Re: X11 Compound Text vs ISO 2022
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 00:55:35 -0400

>>>>> "DDLHG" == David De La Harpe Golden <address@hidden> writes:

DDLHG> But actually I think emacs should be using using coding system
DDLHG> compound-text-with-extensions by default, not coding system
DDLHG> compound-text?  At least if you haven't customized
DDLHG> selection-coding-system.

Perhaps for selections, but I was looking into wierd results for the
WM_NAME and WM_ICON_NAME properties.  (My patch to also set the _NET
version in the non-GTK case --- just like GTK already does --- fixes
that for window managers which support the _NET properties, but mine
does not, yet.)  For that, the c code explicitly uses compound-text,
not compound-text-with-extensions.

That difference may explain why I was unable to duplicate the issue
with selections.

So perahps the fix is to use the -wiht-extensions variation in
x_set_name_internal()?

-JimC
--
James Cloos <address@hidden>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6