Re: unit test framework

From: Christian Ohler
Subject: Re: unit test framework
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 23:43:22 +1000

Philip Jackson, 2010-06-28:

At Thu, 18 Mar 2010 10:22:42 -0400,
Stefan Monnier wrote:
Do you have a plan to include an elisp library for unit
testing in Emacs-24?
It's not in the current plan, but I'm in favor of adding such
a thing, yes.  I simply don't have the time and energy to delve much
into it.

I've tried some and I'm using ert.el written by Christian M. Ohler.
     http://github.com/masatake/ert/blob/master/ert.el
If other people can chime in on the various options and form
a consensus, that would be wonderful.

It looks like ert has the most support. How about running with it?

I think that is pretty much the plan. I volunteered to do the necessary work and have been cleaning up the code.

Unfortunately, I still don't have a copyright assignment; assign at gnu dot org has yet to respond to the request that I sent and re-sent several times over the last few weeks. Does anyone have a way to find out what's going on there?

Christian.