Re: Selection changes

From: David De La Harpe Golden
Subject: Re: Selection changes
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 10:33:17 +0100

On 16/07/10 02:00, Angelo Graziosi wrote:

Nor on GNU/Linux Kubuntu nor on Cygwin (both GTK build of trunk).

On Kubuntu often it paste the wrong test (both using C-y and mouse-2).

At the moment there is a known issue which will cause the wrong text to be pasted in sometimes as per my other recent mail.

Just in case: also note C-y and mouse-2 should now be behaving more like C-v and mouse-2 in non-emacs, it will require a more precise reproduction recipe to determine if "wrong" is really-wrong or correct-but-different-to-prior-defaults behaviour (or right now, the known issue).

On Cygwin, *usually*, using C-y is slower. If I select some test with
the mouse then, when I type C-y to paste it, I get 'Mark set' in the
minibuffer, and the text is pasted only after 5-10 second (the 'clock'
shows up).

You mean you were - starting from "emacs -Q" - selecting some text with the mouse, _without_ hitting C-w/M-w to cut/copy it, then successfully inserting it with C-y?

If so, that shouldn't have worked at all (!).

...I see the reporter of #6637 appears to have been using cygwin's x11.
In this instance, the problem _might_ not be on emacs' side, especially given the long pause you describe: cygwin's x11 server may be doing something peculiar in its handling of x11 clipboard and/or primary, especially since it probably tries to integrate somehow with the w32 native clipboard facilities.