Re: Emacs learning curve

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Emacs learning curve
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 16:59:22 +0200

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 4:22 PM, Drew Adams <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I would not even consider using Emacs without a vi emulation mode.
>
> !
>
>> Emacs does not have CUA support
>
> This should go in NEWS.  It's news to me, at least.
> Might be news to Kim too.  Please file a bug/enhancement report.

What could I say? That it is very interesting that you go with the
crowd? Why argue like this about that vim has CUA support turned on by
default while Emacs does not have it? (We all know the reason, it is
difficult to get it into Emacs. There is no reason to argue it is
unimportant too. Not everyone agrees on that and we all know that.)