Re: Key bindings proposal

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Key bindings proposal
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 15:20:49 +0900

Jan Djärv writes:
 > Stephen J. Turnbull skrev 2010-08-06 05.12:

 > > On the manpower side, just for the ones I'm familiar with, there are
 > > whole organizations of translators at Debian and Ubuntu who volunteer
 > > to do these things, and probably at GNOME and KDE and others.
 >
 > Not to forget GNU itself:
 >
 > http://translationproject.org/html/welcome.html

Crap, I had GNU in there, along with a bunch of off-thread-topic
stuff, and edited it all out.  :-(  Thanks for the correction.  :-)

 > Buth the size of the translation project matters.  Larger packages
 > tend to be less often translated than smaller.

That's an important point.  That's another reason why it's important
to prioritize, to make the immediate task feel smaller and do-able.

Another way to address the size issue: With some judicious negotiation
among stakeholders, the various packages (which are bite-size by
comparison) could take turns asking for help from the translation
project(s).