Re: document package.el

From: Uday S Reddy
Subject: Re: document package.el
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 15:37:06 +0100

Tom Tromey wrote:

I'd appreciate comments on this patch.

I finally found a little time to write some documentation for
package.el.

Dear Tom, thanks for providing this info page.  Very much appreciated!

The document doesn't seem to mention where the package will be installed or how to customize the location. Is that intentional?

Does package.el handle only elisp files or other kinds of files as well? Where will the other files be installed?

Sorry if all this has been covered before. I am still trying to catch up on the old discussin.

Cheers,
Uday