Re: Resizing images

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Resizing images
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 21:38:04 +0200

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> If emacs is compiled with --with-imagemagick it is possible.  But that's
> pretty new in emacs's bzr trunk (2 weeks or so).  Have a look at the
> README.imagemagick file and the info docs.

Ah, right.  I'm using bzr Emacs, but not with --with-imagemagick.  I'll
try recompiling.  Hm...  I adder the switch, but ./configure says:

  Does Emacs use imagemagick?                             no

What magickal package do I need to install on Debian to get the required
libraries and stuff?

> And if it's there, how do I know if `create-image' will actually use
> imagemagick to load an image file?
> And, how do I know if a given image is loaded by the imagemagick
> backend?

I'm curious, too.  :-)

  address@hidden * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen