Re: Timers and sentinels

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Timers and sentinels
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 15:24:01 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Before you conclude that your initial guess was wrong, there's one
> more factor to consider: signals.  When a subprocess exits, Emacs gets
> a SIGCHLD signal, which is an asynchronous event.  There are also the
> SIGALRM signals caused by the hourglass-cursor feature.  Not sure if
> this can explain the issue you are dealing with, but I though I'd
> mention it just in case.

Hm.  What I'm seeing is that (possibly) the function being run from the
timer is interrupted by an image insertion, and the latter is being run
off of url-fetch, which, I guess, is a sentinel function.  Which might
be triggered when the subprocess exits...  Hm...  but is that possible?

  address@hidden * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen