Timers and sentinels

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Timers and sentinels
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 15:49:14 +0200

I'm trying to track down a bug that's pretty elusive.  I may be looking
in the totally wrong place, but what seems to happen is that I have a
function (run from a timer) that alters some part of the Gnus article
buffer.  At the same time, there's an URL process filter/sentinel that's
being run, and inserts images asynchronously into the buffer.

Is it possible that the function that's being run from the timer is
being interrupted by the process filter/sentinel function?  I had half
imagined that all these "multi-threaded" functions were being run with,
er, "interrupts off", so to speak.

  address@hidden * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen