Re: building error of latest emacs on Windowxp

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: building error of latest emacs on Windowxp
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 15:45:07 +0200

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 15:18, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> Perhaps you somehow changed the time stamp of nt/config.nt
> without changing its contents, by some command you ran locally.  In
> that case, simply remove src/config.h and re-run configure.bat.

But, why should it be necessary to remove src/config.h by hand?

  cd nt
  touch config.nt
  make all
      => config.nt has changed.  Re-run configure.bat
  configure.bat   // with suitable arguments
  make all
      => config.nt has changed.  Re-run configure.bat

Uh?

What's even more funny, if you do

  cd nt
  touch config.nt
  make all
      => config.nt has changed.  Re-run configure.bat
  configure.bat   // forgetting --cflags -I for the image libraries
      => Important libraries are missing. Fix these issues before running make.
  make all

and it tries to build.

So, it seems like either lib-src/makefile.w32-in should delete
src/config.h, or if that's too dangerous (though I don't see why), at
the very least give a more informative message...

    Juanma