Re: Updating etc/DISTRIB

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Updating etc/DISTRIB
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 00:24:26 -0400

For the most part, those changes are good, but I disagree with some details.

Why do you propose deleting this?

    ! For an order form for all Emacs and FSF distributions deliverable from
    ! the USA, see http://www.gnu.org/order/order.html.

Is it that that URL is obsolete?  If so, let's update that sentence
rather than deleting it.

For this,

      If you like GNU Emacs, please express your satisfaction with a
    ! donation: send me or the Foundation what you feel Emacs has been worth
    ! to you.  If you are glad that I developed GNU Emacs and distribute it
    ! as free software, rather than following the obstructive and antisocial
    ! practices typical of software developers, reward me.  If you would
    ! like the Foundation to develop more free software, contribute.

please use this changed text:

      If you like GNU Emacs, please express your satisfaction with a
    donation: send me (please email me about how) or the Foundation
    (https://my.fsf.org/donate) what you feel Emacs has been worth to
    you.  If you are glad that I developed GNU Emacs and distribute it
    as free software, rather than following the obstructive and
    antisocial practices of proprietary software, you can reward me.
    If you would like the Foundation to do more to forward the cause
    of free software, you can contribute.