Re: Updating etc/DISTRIB

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Updating etc/DISTRIB
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 03:12:33 -0400

Richard Stallman wrote:

> Why do you propose deleting this?
>
>     ! For an order form for all Emacs and FSF distributions deliverable from
>     ! the USA, see http://www.gnu.org/order/order.html.
>
> Is it that that URL is obsolete?  If so, let's update that sentence
> rather than deleting it.

I propose deleting it because I thought it referred to ordering GNU
software on a CD from the FSF, and that service is no longer offered (?).
The URL itself just redirects to http://shop.fsf.org/ nowadays, and I
put a link to that later on in the file. It does not seem necessary to
have it at the top as well.

> For this,
>
>       If you like GNU Emacs, please express your satisfaction with a
[...]
> please use this changed text:
[...]

OK.