Re: comment-dwim does not do what I mean

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: comment-dwim does not do what I mean
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 23:25:58 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> M-; can't guess whether the mark you set was placed there because you
> intend to get back there at some point, or because you intend to operate
> on the region.

Yes...  but all other commands that work on the region ... work on the
region.  Now,  `M-;' no longer is `comment-region', but `comment-dwim',
which means that it's certainly legitimate to work the way it does, but
I'd rather prefer that it work the way it used to.  The way it is today,
the easiest way (by far) to actually do what I mean is to say `M-x
comment-region'.

Which is weird.

  address@hidden * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen