Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r102057: Make all 3 copies of x-s

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r102057: Make all 3 copies of x-select-enable-clipboard have the same doc.
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 13:25:53 +0000 (UTC)

Glenn Morris <rgm <at> gnu.org> writes:

> Dan Nicolaescu wrote:
>
> > Last I looked ns-win doesn't have any good reason not to use common-win.
> >
> > It duplicates functions (under new names), the only change is using
> > ns-invocation-args instead of x-invocation-args.
>
> I saw that too. It is all very messy.

ns-win was merged before common-win existed, but when the latter was created,
only x-win and w32-win were modified to use it.  I think, Dan, this was because
ns-win was still being cleaned up (partly by me) to better match the other
terms, is that correct?  So it was just bad timing.  Or was the creation of
common-win actually prompted by issues raised during the NS port merge?
(That's, e.g., where menu.c came from.)

I haven't looked at the ns-win code in a while so I'm a little hesitant to
attempt the cleanup now, but if someone wants to try I'm happy to answer
questions about "why the heck is this thing in there?" etc. and test the
resulting changes.

thanks,
Adrian