RE: The window-pub branch

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: The window-pub branch
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 15:05:00 -0800

> >  > When WINDOW is on another frame, `select-window' does not select
> >  > that window for input.
> >
> > A bug.  How do you make it happen?
>
> Open a second frame, show *scratch*, go to the first frame, show
> some file, type
>       M-: (select-window (get-buffer-window "*scratch*" t))
> type some more chars.
> For me, chars go to file (GTK and MS-Windows).

Selecting a window during `M-:' does not leave its frame with the input focus
after `M-:' is finished.  When you type the chars the file frame again has the
focus.

However, if you eval this in the file frame, the result is as you expected: the
text is inserted in `*scratch*':

M-: (progn (select-window (get-buffer-window "*scratch*" t))
           (insert "ABCDE"))