Re: Where is the function that adds the 'message text property in compil

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Where is the function that adds the 'message text property in compilation buffers?
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 03:23:38 +0100

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 1:29 AM, Drew Adams <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Can someone please tell me that. I can't find it ;-)
>
> Did you look? in compile.el?
>
> I see this in `compilation-compat-parse-errors', just by searching for
> "'message":
>
> (put-text-property src (line-end-position)
>                             'message (list loc 2))

Thanks, yes, but if you look further this is in the function

  (defun compilation-compat-parse-errors (limit)

it seems to be a compatibility function. The current function seems to be

  (defun compilation-internal-error-properties (file line end-line col
end-col type fmts)

Which I missed with a bad assumption in my regexp search.