Re: bzr vs. git repository

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: bzr vs. git repository
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 13:36:36 +0100

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

>> Posting this on the Bazaar mailing list would be TRT, IMO.  It's
>> always a Good Thing to get the developers think about getting their
>> software more efficient.  But posting this here can never make bzr
>> hog less of the bandwidth, so I don't see why would you do this
>> except to tease.
>
> RMS explicitly has asked for that info a few months ago, and only now
> I was able to provide it for various reasons.  Since the discussion
> then happened on this very list, I found it appropriate to post it
> here too.

I did quite a few resource usage comparisions back on the days before
the transition to bzr. They were posted on the bzr ml. The response from
the developers was "bzr is fast enough and we wont devote more time to
performance enhancements." However, the data was enough motivation for
one or two developers to tweak some parts of bzr, with visible
results. The impression I got is that further improvements would be very
hard to achieve.

> I suggest to forget the whole issue.

Yes, please.