Re: About custom themes

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: About custom themes
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 19:55:32 -0500

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> Basically, my themes are one theme with a light and a dark incarnation,
> stepwise adjusted over the time and wrt. the emacs stuff I use (I have
> to switch between light and dark colors every now and then to not get
> bored).
>
> I think that the themes are somewhat nice and maybe others like them,
> too, so I consider putting them in etc/themes.  Would that be ok?

Yes, please go ahead.

At some point, we will have to figure out which themes to include,
choosing from the full custom themes that people have offered and the
"mini themes" submitted to http://elpa.gnu.org/themes/view.html.  In the
meantime, it's OK to put the former in our Bzr repository.

> So how about adding specially named themes
>
>   dev-<username>-[<themename>-]theme.el,
>
> which are themes people contributing to Emacs are using at that point of
> time?

Agreed; I would welcome this.