Re: Input method or help feature needed

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Input method or help feature needed
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 09:30:18 +0200

> Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 16:24:45 -0500
> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
>     I think it already is easy.  In the buffer with the Turkish text, do
>
>       M-x set-input-method RET turkish-postfix RET
>
>     and then
>
> It is inconvenient to select an input method just to look at the
> documentation.

You don't need to select it, you can have its documentation shown with
"C-h I" or "C-h C-\".

This requires that you at least know one language where the character
is used, and that Emacs has an input method whose name includes that
language name.

> And I did not know that the description would be this detailed.

Every input method should show at least the most popular characters, it
produces, if not all of them.  If it doesn't, that's a bug.